Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hong Kong on the third day!

Back to my trip! :)

So we went to Hong Kong on the third day. The Turbojet service was kinda efficient and definately way better than I've expected (omg i expect it to be like those ferry in penang =.=)
















Since we're only spending a day in HK, definately gotta make sure we cover every HK main attraction. Not much time, but at least I've been there, hor? First destination upon reaching, we took MRT to Tsim Tsa Tsui. Each and every part in HK is easily accessible using MRT. We went to Avenue of Stars first, which already been in my must-go place since long ago.




















Clear sky, purrrfectly windy day ;) While both of us and most Asians were nicely wrapped in 'pita bread', I saw some gweilos were wearing only shorts and sleeveless tee -_-"
















Statues, statues and more statues.. Anyway, buildings at the back are in Central HK. I'm so outdated.. now only I know that HK is separated into Central and Kowloon *knock head*
















And next for shopping in Nathan Road!!! OMG I can't afford to waste any time in HK! I heard Nathan Road is shopping paradise, with all those export surplus goods outlets in Granville Road. But *sigh*, timing wasn't right.. it's all winter clothing.. T_T
















Goose noodle, is that the right way to name it? Oh well, me ain't a food lover, so actually goose tasted like chicken for me. But definately this was the bf's MOST FAVOURITE in the entire trip I suppose, I wonder why..




















This is where I want to be..~ But plan changed, we ended up in the famous Wong Tai Sin temple first, before making a U-turn back to Mong Kok.
















It was so crowded! People were placing all their offering on their own floormat, and they kneeled at their own chosen spot. In M'sia most people place their offering on the main table right? hRm, I dunno..
















I ain't really a holy kinda person, so I waited for the bf at the side.




















Oh please beep... I.NEED.TO.SHOP.

















Ladies Street! :D I was so so so so so so so excited when we reached there! But in the end I was so so so so so so DISSAPOINTED. It's just like Petaling Street. Even the clothes were like those in Petaling Street *sien*

Except that they had a lot of kinky stuff like these.




















G-string with elephant trunk. Really small g-string which made me wonder is it for men or women?? But if it's meant for women, what's the trunk for??

As we were walking pass some food stalls, I smelt something disgusting.

Me: Chow Tau Foo!! (smelly toufu)
The bf: Is it?
Me: Yes! Smells like shit!
The bf: Where's the stall?
Me: Nah! (pointing to a nearby stall)
The bf: I wanna try!
Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




















Shittilicious.

The Peak wasn't in our list at first, but we figured out that it'd be a waste if we missed out that place. So we asked around for direction, and most people were like "The Peak?! It's so far!"

We did not gave up. Pie called to the MRT helpline and the officer explained to us the direction.




















We went all the way to Central and the so-called walking distance tram station is as far as heaven. Sky already turned dark, it was getting colder and colder, and we were lost. Notice the pictures above? Smart me already bought new sets of clothes upon reaching HK as the weather was much colder than I've expected.

Finally after a long walk that I could barely feel my feet, we finally found the tram station! T_T But omfg, the queue was sooooooooooooooooooooo freakingly long!




















So we waited and waited and finally the tram arrived ;)
















We spent most of the night in Madame Tussaud but I was sneezing non-stop and felt so sick. *sob* It was SO COLD and WINDY. But I told myself "This is once and for all. Snap more pics and never give up!" We ended up snapping no nobody's business and I'll blog about Madame Tussaud in another post.

We really really wanted to take a so-called romantic walk outside, overlooking HK's night scene but it was so cold that we only managed to snap one pic. And this pic was really meaningful coz my mucus frozen while I braved myself through the extremely cold night to snap the ONE and ONLY pic.
















NEVER.TRUST.A.STRANGER.

Although the night had been real hard for me (it was really cold and I was sick), we still proceeded to one last destination.

Lan Kwai Fong for new year countdown!!! :)




















It was so crowded! But HK policemens were really organized. People were shouting and dressing up. There were so many bars there. Teen girls were wearing all those kawaii headgears and all. Everyone seemed to have lost control.




















There's even one gweilo who climbed over a rooftop at a bar and dancing like nobody's business. Everyone was like hooray-ing at him and I guess he was pretty proud with that. After a while he started unbuckling his pants, which I thought he'll remove his pants, leaving the boxers. But wtf, in just a blink, the you-know-what was dangling there in front of thousands of people and everyone shouted like insane! Policemens were in shock. But no, we did not manage to pull out the camera on time.
















My BESTEST new year countdown ;)
















We left back to Macau the very same night. I was OK during the countdown but was sick again right after that. *sigh* Why la... T_T

The Turbojet was operating 24hours thank God. Both os uf were so tired as upon reaching Macau it was already about 2-3 o'clock in the morning. Right outsite the terminal, an extremely long queue waiting fr the taxis.

THE WEATHER WAS SO FREAKINGLY COLD AND IT WAS SO WINDY AND WE WERE LIKE QUEUEING OUTSIDE FOR A FREAKING HALF AN HOUR OR MORE and we ended up looking like this.




















-___________-"

More pictures *click*