Monday, July 23, 2007

80s' Baby

I received this forwarded mail a few times before but it doesn't really mean anything much to me. Until last Friday morning, an old best buddy of mine, Ivy forwarded this email again, it somehow brings a smile on my face.. yes, I'm 80s' baby mind you!

Signs that you're a 70s' or 80s' baby:

"You grew up watching G-Force, He-man, Transformers, Thundercats, Silver Hawk, Woody Woodpecker, Chipmunks and Mickey Mouse. Not to forget Ninja Turtles, Mask, Smurfs and Voltron too."
I remember I'm not a very big fan of cartoons. In fact I don't really watch cartoons during my younger times and i only watched chinese episodes from TV2 and TV3 at 6pm every weekdays with my family. Well, to be precise, one reason I'm not addicted to cartoons is mainly because I don't speak English when I was a kid. Ironic, isn't it? *sigh*

"Remember the days when school nurse , comes with a list of dentist appointments, the sound of the drilling when your friend has a fill in her tooth? You squated by the drain with all your classmates beside you, and brushed your teeth with a colourful mug."
DENTIST!! They used to call my name very often, almost every week.. I remember there's a Malay girl in my class escaped from all dental appointment by telling them she'd got asthma. I was so envy and prayed everyday to God that I will have asthma attack. I also remember when we used to brush our teeth by the longkang, there'll be bloods when we gargled our mouth and we'll be hearing a few screaming, "Eeeeeyerrrrrrrr... darah!!!" I also remember when we were asked to bring our own toothpaste, I brought strawberry flavoured Kodomo Lion while the rest brought Colgate and were laughing at me. The same day I went home telling my mum to buy me adult's Colgate..
















During primary school days, the teacher will punish you using ruler to hit your palm."
When I was in Standard 3, Puan Arbayah used to hit my head with the thick Mathematics textbook. And the idiot me still managed to smile at her. Realli, idiot me.. -_-

"When you were in primary school, girls like to go to the bookshop to buy cute stuff such as animal erasers, various shape sharpeners, colourful notebooks, etc.."
I bought a box of colourful erasers and distibuted among my certified best friends. I love buying cute keychains, Kenari storybook, and also URTV.. just to fit into the group of people I mingled with.















When exams are over, the board games (e.g. Monopoly) will be all over the classroom."

Definately! Not to forget UNO, UNO Stacko, batu seremban and the smart ones will be holding their Sweet Valley's storybooks.

"Your favourite sound is the bell, for it's the homemade ice-cream man. The cream that tops Haagen Dazs!"
Definately, everyone in SRKC would definately remember the Chinese ah pek selling ice-cream by the school's entrance, also the friendly Indian man selling kacang beside him. I never fail to buy from them everyday and even when I was pennyless, I would tell them "Hutang dulu, esok bayar"...
















These are a few points that reminded me so much of my childhood. So many friends that I would wanna keep in touch, but due to time and location, we somehow lost contact after a few years. It would take me forever to blog all about my Primary life, and definately will remain a sweet memory and a story that I would wanna share with my kids in future...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...yea yea..those were the days...but nm, u still have sheau... =)

c r y s t said...

those were the days...when i called u 'lek lek di di'..and u called me 'lau lau tau tau'..haha! =)